Some things to pray for
How wonderful to be able to pray for each other as member schools. Will you join us in praying for the following things:
Back to newsletter index
- Praise that the Illawarra Christian School students injured in the bus accident a few weeks back were able to be back at school within a week of the accident.
- Transitioning of a number of Principals in schools across Australia (Rob Bray, Doug Peck, Simon Matthews, John Metcalfe, Paul Arundell and Steve McAllister)
- Thanks for the Governance conference in November which was a wonderful time of sharing, networking and learning
- Healing for a Canadian friend in Christian education, Mr Doug Monsma who is recovering from surgery following a brain tumour. Doug is the teaching and learning director for the Prairie Centre for Education in Canada and is the inspiration behind the ‘threads’ in our Transformation by Design book.
- Thanks for the work of Simon Matthews (TAS) and Louise Hansen (WA) in their respective State Executive Officer roles.
- Praise for the defeat of the Victorian Equal Opportunity, Religious Exemptions bill. This has been a major concern for our Victorian schools and would have had national repercussions. See AACS enews for more details (and celebrations!)
- Please pray for our smaller schools, some who are struggling with stabilising numbers. We have a number of smaller schools in the CEN community that are very precious to us. It’s tough when numbers don’t remain consistent.